Monday, September 18, 2006

Ragin', Cajun, Engagin' Weekend

So, here's the deal. Nick and I went camping in Big Sur it was the greatest weekend of my life! As everyone knows, we love to camp. What everyone may not know is that one of the reasons we love it so much is beer-can chicken. I'm not even lying. We seriously love the preperation, cooking, and especially the eating of this meal. We have every time we go camping. It is delicious, includes fun cajun seasonings, and we love it. (Clearly.)

At the conclusion of our fabulous beer-can chicken meal on Friday night, Nick asked me to pass the extra seasoning behind the paper towels. As I turned, he said, "oops! I dropped my fork!" and when I moved the paper towels, there was a beautiful box and when I turned to nick, he was on one knee. It was a beautiful, perfectly-timed proposal in the middle of one of the things we love most. Eating! (And camping!)

Over the course of the weekend, at other really fun or romantic times, he asked me to marry him again. On the beautiful beach, while listening to our song as the sun set, and as we shut our eyes before falling asleep sunday night. It was just so sweet, so fun and so perfect.

Oh, and for breakfast and dinner the following day, we used cajun seasonings again on our food so on the drive home yesterday, we named the weekend the Ragin' Cajun Engagin' Weekend and neither of us can stop saying it which I think is really funny.

And finally, the ring. As I've told him several hundred times, he didn't hit a home run-- he hit a grand slam! The ring is SOO STUNNING AND BEAUTIFUL. I love how unique yet classic it is. And most of all, I love that he designed it. He's a keeper.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:19 PM  
Blogger kitty said...

DUDE. DUDE!!! this is so awesome. i just had a feeling that you'd gotten engaged over the weekend and i checked your blog and WHAM! i'm incredibly happy for you. marriage to the person you adore is, well -- there's just nothing better. congrats.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats. He sounds like a great guy!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home