Friday, August 11, 2006

Christian Louboutin

So, the truth of the matter is I'm 5'2". Most people are surprised to hear that since I'm never, ever caught wearing shoes under 4 inches tall. I've always loved high heels and and am so delighted that wedges and platforms are all over the fashion runways and in stores. When I first started at this new job, I was introduced to the red-soled genius of Christian Louboutin. I'd admired his work for years but had no idea who was creating the shoes I was lusting after in my Us Weekly magazines. So, for those who don't know, his stuff ranges from $500-$1500 a pair. Occasionally, you can find a pair for less and sometimes his previous season goes on sale for less as well. (Note: he has a wild side and some of the shoes for sale are really crazy and loud and not-tracey style.)

Since I'm currently not a movie star, pop star or big-time novelist, I'm unable to pay $500-$1500 per pair of shoes. So instead, I've been buying the knock-offs that steve by steve madden have been doing. They are hot but after all my years of publicly asking everyone I know, "honestly, how can anyone carry a fake bag? Who do they think they're kidding?" I feel somewhat like a hypercrite. (Though it should be noted, the pairs I buy do NOT have red on the sole that some knockoffs have to REALLY try and fool people.) I bought three pairs - each at $150 - and I've worn two of the pairs once and the other pair never. Turns out, the steve maddens aren't all that comfy. So I have three pairs of shoes that are really hot, but are super uncomfortable and are not the real pairs of shoes wanted!

What have we learned? Well, I wish I had just gotten one pair of the louboutins instead of spending $450 on three pairs of knock-offs I'll never wear. I'm starting to see some of his fall line and they're looking pretty hot too. There's this one very-high, black suede knee-high boot that I've got my eye on. Maybe I'll splurge on those....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, those boots are HOT

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I literally just started to salivate. Christian is my Pavlov.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home