Friday, July 28, 2006

I'm a tanning whore

So every year around early May, i start planning my tan for the summer. I (sadly) would go to tanning salons, then tried the spray tan (until literally one of my friends pulled me aside and told me I looked a very odd, streaky-orange color), and recently I began using jergens tanner moisturizer (which the boyfriend loathes due to a weird odor that I now hear about on a daily basis).

And then it happened. I got my first airbrush tan. I was in LA for work and came upon Glitz, a salon in Beverly Hills. I have never looked so naturally and even tanned in my life! While it was slightly awkward standing in front of the girl applying it in just my thong, the week-long effects were totally worth it. It didn't smell, there were no streaks, and the compliments I got! It costs $80, which might sound steep, but I've never been so blissfully bronze in my life.

A sidenote: the two girls who own the shop (and do all the makeup applications, eyebrow shaping and airbrush tanning) were young and super fun. I am so impressed these two girls followed their dreams so passionately. One is 22! And she owns her own salon. Very cool.

That's jaime pressley. Thought I'd see what you thought about her tan... too orange? Or just right?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just right!

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! So funny, you crack my shit UP!

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home