Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I heart oscar

So, here's the deal. I work at an online magazine with a high focus on fashion (and celebrities). And twice a year we cover New York Fashion Week which is seven full days of fashion shows from 8am until 9pm. The designers are currently unveiling their Spring 2007 collections and it's been pretty interesting and fun. Since we're covering the NY from SF, it's late hours, lots of really bad junk food, but most of all, it's a lot of great fashion. So far, my favorite show has been oscar de le renta. I loved almost every single piece that floated down the runway. Here are three of my favorites:



One of the shows I was really looking forward to was Nanette Lepore (sorry nicole!) Her two previous collections were so pretty - the perfect mix of flirty meets feminine. And while her clothes are expensive, they aren't carolina herrera expensive,and could maybe, just maybe be in my price range on occasion. Anyway, her show was today and it just wasn't very good. I was so disappointed! Instead of pretty, it was punk-rock-y. It reeked of the early '80s and I'm sorry, but I just can't rock that shiznit. That said, there were a few cute looks and I've included them below (I like Nanette too much to include the bad ones, even though in all my days of headline writing, I know that people care more about the worst-dressed than the best-dressed. But oh well, it's my blog.):


See the difference in caliber between those two? It's shocking. Anyway, I'm off to discuss Narciso Rodriguez's show. Stayed tuned ... I'll have another Fashion Week update later in a few days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home