Sunday, August 13, 2006

cause I'm deeper than just material things.



So, I thought I'd blog about something UNmaterialistic today to show the readers of this blog (all two of you) that I'm about more than just designer bags and shoes.

I am on day 4 of Jenny Craig. For those of you reading this and don't know me, don't jump to any conclusions. I'm not super huge - I'm just trying to drop the extra 15 lbs. I put on during my cross-country move about 8 months ago. Even though Nick looks at me lovingly and tells me I look exactly the same as the day we started dating (cough bullsh*t!), my clothes are telling me something else entirely. So blah, blah, blah, I'm doing Jenny Craig.

And while the food isn't terrible and includes some carbs (which already helps it score higher than Atkins, the diet of the devil) I'm not TOTALLY feeling it. The portions are tiny. TEENY TINY. And while I've always been known not to eat big portions, even to me these seem small. At my first consultation, I asked about eating out and how drinking affects the diet. I was told I could have one glass of wine or beer every so often. But if I did, I'd have to run an extra 20-30 minutes the day before, the day of, and the day after the alcohol entered my body. First of all, 20-30 EXTRA minutes? How much did she think I was already running? And THREE DAYS of extra exercise for ONE glass of alcohol? Something seems wrong here.

This Wednesday will be the end of week 1 and also when I'll have my first weigh in. (Sounds fun, huh?) After the weigh in, there is a 20 minute 'consultation' with a 'consultant' where you talk about how the week went, etc. I think I might accidentally forget to tell her about the two pitchers of beer Nick and I had last night while bowling. (Oops!)

Anyway, for those of you not dieting, enjoy your freedom. I'm getting ready to go to the movies and skipping the popcorn is already causing me to shake. Hopefully a diet coke and Jenny Craig mini toffee bites will be a sufficient substitute.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so basically, i should be running about 2.5 hours every single day given the amount of alcohol that enters my body on a regular day. jenny craig be evil.

10:58 AM  
Blogger kitty said...

lady, you lok fantastic and i dont think jenny c has much to do ith it.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home